Sunday, November 05, 2023

共藏多少意不语两心知

共藏多少意,不语两心知---浅谈自己对象棋的认识

How many meanings are hidden together, and they know each other without saying anything.

by Wind Snow of No Turning Back

1. What is Xiangqi?

Xiangqi is a kind of self-cultivation entertainment, it is also a tool to enhance friendships, improve oneself, and communicate with one another. It is a platform to communicate one's thoughts by moving the chess pieces.

2. Before the practice of Xiangqi, practice the moral first

Moral character first, be a person of character. In the same way, the more people with evil thoughts, the more will be the harm.

3. Treat the people you play with humanly

I used to like to put others in dead-end for fun, and even treat the other party like an enemy, fortunately, I once read an article that corrected my mistake --- in fact, the person who plays chess with you is your friend, you play chess together to improve, what a good fate. With this attitude change, I have gradually learned to respect others and be a seeker of truth rather than just a winner or a loser. I learned to consider the other person's feelings, talks and discussions are limited to the game only, and no longer to hurt people intentionally or unintentionally. For example, I can say thing like "There may be something wrong with this move, what do you think?" We like to improving our game standard together. Humility helps to make people progress, a calmer atmosphere is easier to achieve it.

4. Serious attitude

Every move should be played carefully, play to your best strength. I used to play chess casually, but after reading the "Romance of the Sino-Japanese Weiqi Match" and the novel "Chess Soul", my attitude towards chess has changed, I must always do my best, because I understand that only in this way can I forge ahead and also discover my shortcomings.

5. Computational power is a shortcut to improvement

Mental calculation to solve consecutive mating moves or chess puzzles, good basic foundation, blind chess practice, are ways to improve your computing power. Learn the correct way to calculate the moves.

6. There is no one else better in front of the chessboard

When playing Xiangqi, it is inevitable from time to time to encounter a stronger opponent, you should try to think "no one in front of the chessboard is better", just lower your head and think about chess, don't think about victory or defeat, nor the reputation, or worldly interests and all other things outside the chessboard. Concentrate on the content of the specific move, the opponent's intentions, what are my choices, how will the opponent respond, and is the final picture satisfactory enough? And so on.

7. Courage --- see clearly your opponent's sword and forward you make the reply!

8. Recognize failure correctly

What is failure? Failure can allow us to find shortcomings, from this point of view I think it is a good thing, but don't lose a game casually, every move should be of the strongest hand! In this way, through review and analysis, you can discover your problems in thinking, technique, and your next higher level. You have to be able to learn when you lose, and try not to make the same mistakes again. When Chang Hao lost to Gu Li in the Chunlan Cup final, there was a sentence that inspired me very much, the player said "I was not sad because I lost to my opponent, I was sad because I didn't complete a good game."

9. Having the following five faculties: attack, defense, overall situation, set piece design, sense of strengths and weaknesses.

10. The right attitude to the game: participate, enjoy, and strive to win.

Not worry too much about winning. Once there was a game where I hoped to get seven wins in a row, but the pressure of winning at all cost was too great and it backfired.

11. Self-confidence

A chess player should have super confidence --- if it's not me victorious, who can be? One day, I saw someone in the Olympic Year channel, and I got an inspiration, Zhang Shan was the shooting champion in 1992, and he mentioned an allusion, saying that when the Buddha initiated in his preaching, he pointed to sky with his left finger and with his right to the earth saying : "All over Heaven and Earth, I am the True One!" Imagine what it would be like to have this feeling when you are competing, haha, confidence is the number one secret to success!

12. Constantly try to make a break through and ameliorate your own chess style, and always think about how to improve yourself.

13. Build up an examplary model, when you don't know how to solve a problem, see how the examplary model does it, and imagine what you would do if you were the model?

Good role model: A) Xu Yinchuan, modest, dedicated, full of Confucian culture, deeply inspired by serve the world philosophy. B) Lee Chang-ho, a silent person like a Buddha, "Stone Buddha" Lee Chang-ho looks a little dull at first sight, he is often silent and has a feeling of being out of this world. C) SAI is very fond of the game and has a domineering spirit.

14. What should I do if I played a bad move?

Start from scratch again, don't regret the past, but try to do a good job from now on, don't give up if there is still a glimmer of breath, living means not to give up!

15. Tranquility and Calm is to go far-reaching

Only a tranquil and calm state will not be disturbed by any emotions, and can better allow the completion of the game with the opponent, as if both of you are working together to complete a work of art.

16. Xiangqi helps one to understand true meaning of life

Life is like Xiangqi, through playing, I understand something, I am writing these few lines as a short summary, I think I will make more progress, I hope everyone can understand after reading it. Especially friends who play Xiangqi.

+ + + +

Source : 天亦老的博客

No comments: